Plant Description: Pellitory is a lasting herb with various spreading, prostrate or climbing fanned stems. The stems are empty, thickened and develop along the ground before rotating toward the sky. The plant develops to around 45 cm high. The stems are shaggy in the upper parts, glabrous underneath.
The leaves are smooth, substitute and pinnate with profoundly cut portions.
Every stem bears a blossom. Blossom heads are terminal, extensive, 2.5-3.5 cm wide with a wide plate. The plate blossoms are yellow and beam blooms white, tinged with purple underneath. The organic product has straightforward wings.
Roots are extreme, barrel shaped, 7-15 cm long, decreasing somewhat at both finishes, with a couple of furry rootlets and at times beat by bristly stays of leaves, outer surface unpleasant cocoa, wilted, bark upto 3 mm thick.
All plants are experimentally grouped into fundamental 7 levels. These levels are Kingdom, Division, Class, Order, Family, Genus and Species. A family include numerous animal categories and natural name comprises of Genus (capitalized) trailed by Species (lowercase). Sort comprises of numerous species which are firmly related and have heaps of likenesses. Species is the most minimal level and speaks to the gathering of same plant.
The organic name of Pellitory is Anacyclus pyrethrum. It has a place with plant family Asteraceae or compositae. The following is given taxonomical grouping of plant.
- Scientific name: Anacyclus pyrethrum
- Sanskrit: Akallaka, Akallaka, Akarakarabha
- Assamese: Kulekhara
- Bengali: Akarakara
- English: Pellitory, Pellitory of Spain, Pyrethre, Pyrethrum, Roman Pellitory, Spanish Camomile,
- Gujrati: Akkalkaro, Akkalgaro
- Hindi: Akalkara
- Kannada: Akkallakara, Akallakara, Akalakarabha, Akkallaka Hommugulu
- Malayalam: Akikaruka, Akravu
- Marathi: Akkalakara, Akkalakada
- Oriya: Akarakara
- Punjabi: Akarakarabh, Akarakara
- Tamil: Akkaraka, Akkarakaram
- Telugu: Akkalakarra
- Urdu: Aqaraqarha
- Arabic: Aaqarqarha, Aquarqarha, Audulqarha, Udalqarha
- Persian: Kakra, kalu, kalua, kazdam, akalawa, Beekhe Tarkhoon
Restorative utilization of Akarkara
Akarkara is a people prescription for treating toothache, dental depressions, detachment of teeth, pyorrhea, sore throat, rheumatic agony, facial loss of motion, epilepsy, neurasthenia, madness, flabbiness of tongue, stammering and constant hack. In Unani, the roots are utilized as nervine and sex tonic. Biting of the roots, is accepted to cleanse cerebrum of impassive humors which thus gives alleviation in agony in the head and teeth. It likewise anticipates hacks and utilization.
Here is offered how to utilize Akarkara as home solution for different sicknesses. Akarkara powder alludes to dried powder of entire plant.
- Root piece and clove is bitten. On the other hand
- Boil Akarkara, Jaiphal, Javitri, Elaichi, and Kesar in drain. Include Mishri and take. On the other hand
- Mix root powder in drain or nectar and take.
Root glue is connected.
Constant catarrh of head and nostril, as a snuff, creating free stream of mucous
The powder is snuffed up the nostril.
Akrakaradi Vati is demonstrated to build discharge time.
This is set up by blending fine powders of Akrakara + Shunthi/Dry ginger + Piper cubeba + Kesar/saffron + Pippali/long pepper + Jaiphal/nutmeg + Lavang/clove + Chandan/sandalwood (every 1 section) + Afeem/opium 4 sections. Pills of size 125 mg each are rolled and taken every day in measurements of 1 pill twice per day.
- The powder of the roots and stems of plant is brought with nectar. On the other hand
- Mix Akarkara powder + Vach powder + Honey and take 1 teaspoon twice per day.
A decoction arranged by bubbling Akarkara/Anacyclus pyrethrum 2 g, Shunthi/dry ginger 1 g, Mulethi/Liquorice 2 g in water, 100 ml. This is sifted and given every day for 1-2 months.
The root power is cooked in olive oil and rubbed remotely to bring about sweating and along these lines helps in high temperature.
Cerebral pain, Migraine
Make glue of Akarkara plant and apply on brow or concentrate squeeze and put few drops in every nostril to get help from headache.
Expanding spit in dryness of the mouth and throat, as masticatory, unwinding mouth muscles, in halfway loss of motion of the tongue
Root has reflex activity on the salivary organs and this expands salivation. Biting of roots is useful.
The root powder is taken in the morning.
Loss of motion
Generally the fine root powder of plant is blended in Mahua tail and rubbed remotely. Inside, 500 mg of root powder is licked with nectar.
Ailment, neuralgic affections of the head or face, paralysis of the tongue, to cleanse the cerebrum/cerebral stimulant, epilepsy, gout, sciatica, laziness (fibromyalgia)
Root piece is bitten day by day for 3-4 weeks.
For stammering (Tutlana in Hindi) in children, plan powder of Akkalkada roots. This powder is blended with nectar and dark pepper. This blend is rubbed on tongue. This causes salivation and cures dryness of tongue. This ought to be utilized for 1-2 months.
Washing from roots decoction is useful.
Tooth throb, mouth issue
- Pellitory root is an outstanding for assuaging toothache and in advancing a free stream of salivation.
- Chew Akarkara blossom to get alleviation in tooth hurt. On the other hand
- Put the powder in a bit of cotton and apply on gum. On the other hand
- Root decoction is utilized as rinse for toothache, sore throat and tonsillitis. Alternately
- Prepare Homemade Tooth Powder for dental care by blending fine powder of, Haldi + Phitkari + Neem Leaf + Babool Bark (every 100 grams) + Tambru seeds + Akarkara + Baheda Pericarp (every 50 grams) + Laung 20 grams.